Collection of Gifts for the Holidays
Happy Holidays to you all. We are finally able to do gift collections this year for Robert Wood Johnson Children’s Hospital.
If you would like to drop anything off come by Allstar Music Empire at 17H Minneakoning Rd. Flemington NJ 08822.
Children need special care and attention when they are in the hospital. Friends of the Child Life Program have always been thoughtful and generous in helping to make a child’s hospitalization at The Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital as happy and as normal as possible. Toys, games and gift items that are donated serve many needs and make special celebrations possible. Some of the items are given to the children at various holiday and birthday parties. Some toys are kept at the hospital in our playrooms to meet the needs of many children throughout the year. We greatly appreciate the friends whose generosity helps make each day so much cheerier for our children. We hope the following guidelines will be of some assistance to those individuals and organizations that wish to donate.
- We have a total of 100 patients, ranging in age from days old to 21 years of age.
- We can only accept new toys.
- We cannot accept stuffed animals or toys, or latex balloons due to infection control and allergy issues
- Humorous medical games can cause fear and misconceptions in hospitalized children and should be avoided.
- Donations are graciously accepted by the child life staff, since our infection control and security guidelines do not permit donors to give toys and gifts directly to our patients.
If you have any questions or would like to contribute, please call:
John Sladewski, Child Life Specialist
- Infant toys (toys that make noise, light up)
- Infant mobiles, crib mirrors, crib music players
- Rattles, pacifiers, teething rings
- Toddler playsets, i.e. Little People
- Dolls – Barbie/Monster High/Princesses & baby dolls
- Music CD’s (teen, children, infants, relaxation, lullaby)
- DVD’s: children’s and teen (new releases, English and Spanish)
- Play Dough/Model Magic and tools
- Arts & craft supplies, coloring books, crayons & markers
- Lego/Mega Bloks/K’nex playsets
- Matchbox/Hotwheels cars & playsets
- Uno cards, playing cards, & other card games
- Books, especially crosswords/sudoku/word finds/trivia
- Action Figures (non-violent)
- Treasure box toys (small reward items)
- Beauty/hygiene items for teens (lotion, nail polish, deodorant, travel size toiletries)
- Pajamas – infant through teen
- Beanie hats, slipper socks, and other clothing items/accessories for teens
- Blank T-Shirts and Fabric Paint
- Ear bud headphones
- Lined and unlined journals for kids and teens & gel or ballpoint pens
- Puzzles (25 – 100 pieces)
- Electronic learning toys, hand held video games
- Video Games & wireless controllers for Xbox 360
- Portable DVD players
- Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D)
- Gift Cards: Target/Toys-r-us/Barnes & Noble/Amazon/iTunes/American Express/Visa
Wrapping Paper for all occasions (Holidays, Birthdays, etc)